So I needed some new metallic ink and was having a mooch around the art supplies at The Range and came across this pack of Giotto Turbo Glitter Pastel Felt-Tip Pens. I hadn’t heard of this brand before but since they are metallic AND glittery I HAD to buy them and give them a go!
Giotto Turbo Glitter Pastel Felt-Tip Pens – 8 Pack
First of all here’s the info from the packet:
- Special felt-tip glitter pens in eight different colours
- Ventilated lids
- Ultra-resistant nibs
- 2,8mm nib
- Safe water-based inks that can be washed out of most fabrics
- Symbols for washing at 40 degrees and also one for washing off hands with soap
- Not suitable for 0-3
Testing on different papers
The papers I tested the pens on were just different ones I had around the studio.
- Winsor & Newton – Drawing & Sketching Paper – Smooth Surface – Cartridge Pad – Heavy Weight – 100lbs / 220 gsm
2. Crimson & Blake – Watercolour Pad – 180gsm acid free paper
3. White Gloss Paper
4. Black Activity Paper
5. Over Winsor & Newton Black Ink
I preferred the results on the Crimson & Blake Watercolour Pad and over the Winsor & Newton Black Ink (If you try this option make sure the black ink is fully dry before using the pens and run the nib of the pen over a clean sheet of paper afterwards to remove any black ink residue to prevent staining the nibs).
The cheap black activity paper didn’t produce good results at all and could only withstand one coat of the felt-tip, the paper just balled up trying a second coat.
Have you tried the Giotto Glitter Pastel Pens? If so, what are your thoughts?